Falafel isn't just for mezze platters or serving with hummus! No sir. Now delicious in curry too! Give it a try, we're sure you'll be pleasantly surprised.
- 1 onion - diced
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger - chopped finely
- 2.5 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- A little pinch of cinnamon powder
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- ½ cup vegan yoghurt
- 2 red peppers - chopped into chunks
- 200g cauliflower - chopped into chunks
- 150g spinach
- Bake the falafel according to the packet instructions. Goodlife falafel should be baked on a tray for 15 minutes on 200oC /Fan 180oC /Gas 6.
- Put a splash of oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the chopped onion and gently sauté for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Pop in the ginger and garlic and fry for one minute.
- Stir through the spices and continue to fry for a couple of minutes – but don't let them burn!
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock and stir. Bring the sauce up to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Have a taste and season to your liking. We chose to keep the falafel curry pretty mild, as that’s how Korma’s are traditionally made. You can add more or less spices to your taste though!
- Now it's time to put the peppers, cauliflower and falafel into the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes – long enough to heat the veg and leave it lovely and crunchy.
- Stir in the ground almonds. This will thicken the sauce a little and add a slight nutty flavour.
- Wilt in the spinach, handful by handful. It should be in long enough to wilt down, that way it keeps all of its goodness!
- Remove from the heat, stir in the coriander and yoghurt. Serve and enjoy with naan bread, raita and chutney!
You can cook the veg for a bit longer if it's your preference. Just be careful not to cook off too much of the sauce! If that does happen, you can add more yoghurt or a couple of tablespoons of water.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: falafel curry, vegan korma