- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 300g "easy cook" basmati rice
- 550ml vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp oil
- Heat the oil up in a small saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the cumin seeds, cloves and turmeric powder. Fry off the spices for a minute or so, until fragrant.
- Stir the rice in with the spices, then add the vegetable stock and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly. The rice should be cooked and not too wet.
- Remove the bayleaves and cloves, fluff with a fork and serve!
- Category: Starters and sides
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Rice, Pilau Rice