This leeks and cabbage recipe is seriously easy to make. It only needs 3 ingredients and 30 minutes to make, it will make any Sunday roast that little bit extra special!
- 350g cabbage (savoy or white) – sliced
- 1 leek – washed and sliced
- 3 tbsp vegan butter / margarine
- Salt & Pepper
- Melt the vegan butter over a medium-high heat in a large frying or sautéing pan.
- Put the leeks in once the butter has melted and stir well. The leeks should get a nice coating of vegan butter.
- Cook for five minutes until they softened slightly.
- Next pop the cabbage in. Keep stirring until it wilts down. Due to the volume, this will take about 15 minutes!
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
You could add thyme or rosemary to this dish, but we kept it simple so that it complements any main dish on a roast dinner!