- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 cups veggie stock (1 litre)
- 2 leeks - rinsed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp ancho chilli (smoked paprika will work if you can't find ancho)
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1 tin black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 tin kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 juice of a lime
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 3 avocados
- In a large saucepan, heat the coconut oil and fry the chopped leeks and garlic for a few minutes, until the leeks look translucent.
- Sprinkle the spices into the pan and then add the tomato paste.
- Pour in the quinoa and the stock, then simmer, uncovered, for 20 mins, stirring every now and then to make sure it's not sticking to the pan.
- Just before the quinoa is fully cooked add in the sweetcorn, black beans, kidney beans and the lime juice.
- Mix thoroughly and season with salt, if needed. The stock should add saltiness but make sure it's to your taste.
- Serve with fresh coriander and avocado.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: Mexican Quinoa