Mushroom Bhaji is one of our favourite Indian side dishes, and is seriously easy to make!
- 250g chestnut mushrooms - sliced
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp tomato paste/purée
- 5 tbsp water
- A handful of fresh coriander to serve - chopped
- Splash of groundnut or rapeseed oil
- Heat up a saucepan or frying pan (one that has a lid) over a medium heat, add your oil and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Chuck in your mushrooms, spices, tomato paste and stir in.
- Pour in the water, a good pinch of salt and give it a good stir.
- Put a lid on it and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring every so often.
- Sorted! One rad mushroom bhaji - serve with the fresh coriander on top, alongside your favourite curry!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: mushroom bhaji