Peanut butter curry is a perfect week night dinner! It's simple to make (ready in 30 minutes) and is so versatile, you can choose your fave veggies to add to it.
- 1 onion - chopped
- 4 cloves garlic - crushed
- 150g broccoli - chopped
- 200g cauliflower - chopped
- 250g mushrooms - chopped into chunks
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tbsp madras curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 6 tbsp peanut butter
- Juice of half a lime
- ¾ tsp salt
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Splash of oil
- Fry the onion until soft in a wok and a little oil, on a medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and spices, fry until fragrant – around one minute.
- Now add the mushrooms for a few minutes, and stir well, making sure they get a good coating of the spices.
- Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable stock. Give it a good stir and bring it up to a simmer.
- Add the peanut butter, stir and leave it to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir regularly. It should thicken up after the peanut butter goes in.
- Stir in the cauliflower and broccoli, and continue to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the juice of half a lime and salt. Serve and enjoy with rice and naan!
You can use the juice of half a lime instead of tamarind paste.
You can use your favourite vegetables if you don't have those listed in the ingredients list. Potatoes, carrots and courgettes all work well!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: peanut butter curry, vegan peanut butter curry