Peanut butter noodle soup is a winner in our house, and is so comforting. You can add more or less chilli powder depending on how spicy you like it, and we recommend adding fresh coriander and spring onions as garnish!
- 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger - finely chopped
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 8 tbsp peanut butter
- 500g chestnut mushrooms - sliced
- 150g broccoli - cut into small florets
- 1 tsp tamarind
- 3 tbsp tamari/soy
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 500ml water
- 100g spinach
- 200g rice noodles
- Optional: 250g tofu or other vegan meat replacement
- Fry the garlic, ginger, turmeric and chilli in a little oil for a couple of minutes.
- Chuck in the mushrooms and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Stir in a little of the coconut milk and the peanut butter, and heat for a minute whilst stirring.
- Next add the rest of the coconut milk, tamari/soy sauce, tamarind, and water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes (add meat-replacement here if you're using it).
- Add the broccoli and spinach, and put the noodles on in a separate pan of boiling water and cook. Top tip: put the rice noodles in boiling water then turn the hob off and leave them to soak. This helps them to not be sticky once they're cooked. They'll probably take about 5-8 minutes but check the packet and adjust accordingly.
- Once the noodles are done, serve them out into your bowls and pour the soup on top for the perfect peanut butter noodle soup!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Fusion
Keywords: Peanut butter noodle soup