This sage and onion stuffing recipe is perfect for Christmas dinner or even a Sunday roast. The red onion makes it extra special, and it's super easy to make too!
- 3 red onions (~300g) – chopped
- 200g fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh sage (roughly chopped)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter
- Salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 / 200°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Melt the butter into a frying pan and sautée the onions until soft.
3. Add in the sage for a couple of minutes and stir.
4. Pop the breadcrumbs into the pan, and stir so that all the breadcrumbs are coated well. Don't leave it on the hob too long, as the breadcrumbs shouldn't be toasted! Season well with salt & pepper.
5. Transfer the mixture into a blender and blitz for 30 seconds. It should be well blended, but you should also be able to see some flecks of red onion.
6. Start rolling the mixture into small balls – around one heaped tablespoon at a time.
7. Place on the lined baking tray and bake for ten minutes, turn and then bake for 5 minutes more. They'll be golden brown once out of the oven!