- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 400g tin haricot beans
- 400g tin pinto beans
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Splash of olive oil
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil up over a medium heat.
- Get the onion in and fry it until soft.
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika and cinnamon, and cook for another minute.
- Pile in the beans, passata and salt, stir through and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Once the sauce has thickened up a little, you're good to go - homemade baked beans, sorted!
- Category: Breakfast, Lunch, Starters & Sides
- Method: Fry, Simmer
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: Vegan Baked Beans