- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g coconut sugar (or other unrefined sugar)
- 225g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 50g walnuts - chopped
- 1 banana - sliced for on top
- Anything else you fancy - cacao nibs, chocolate, raisins etc.
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 6/200c.
- Mash your bananas in a large bowl.
- Add the oil and sugar, then mix really well.
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder, and then the cinnamon and mix again.
- Chuck in any bonus ingredients you're using, like nuts or fruit, and mix yet again.
- Grease a loaf tin, or line it with parchment paper, and pour your bread mix in. The consistency should be a thick batter.
- If you're adding slices of banana to the top of your bread, do so now.
- Put in the oven for 40-50 minutes - the time will depend on your oven. After 20 minutes check on the loaf and cover with tin foil if the top has browned, this will stop the top from burning.
- hen ready, check if it's done by pushing a knife or skewer into the middle of the bread and if it comes out clean, you're good to go.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven-bake
- Cuisine: American