If you love curry and pasta, then why not combine them? Add in a little zesty orange and you've got a dish made in Indian-Italian fusion heaven!
- 1 onion – chopped
- 3 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- Zest of 1 orange – finely grated
- 250g mushrooms – sliced
- 4 tbsp madras curry paste
- 4 bell peppers (red, orange and yellow) – thinly sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup orange juice
- 360g farfelle pasta
- 1 tbsp ground nut oil
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Cook and drain the pasta, according to the packet instructions, drain and then set aside.
- In a large pan, add the groundnut oil and bring it up to a medium-high heat. Chuck the onion in and cook until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and orange zest and fry for a couple of minutes, making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Get the mushrooms in and cook down a until they start to release water.
- Add the curry paste and stir everything up and cook for another minute.
- Pour the tomatoes and orange juice in, stir, bring to a boil then immediately reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for around 15 minutes to cook the sauce down, season with salt and pepper.
- Taste and then add a bit more salt and pepper if it’s needed.
- Add the peppers and cook for 5 more minutes, then pour the pasta in and stir everything really well.
- Serve it up with a bit of extra orange peel on top if you fancy, and that's it – curried orange pasta!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove top
- Cuisine: Fusion, Indian, Italian
Keywords: Vegan curry pasta, curry pasta, orange pasta