- 1/2 an aubergine/eggplant (80-100g) - thinly sliced
- 1.5 tbsp tamari/soy
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 6/200c.
- Mix all the liquid ingredients together in a bowl or dish.
- Drench the slices of aubergine in the liquid mix, then add to a non-stick baking tray (use greaseproof/parchment paper if you don't have non-stick).
- Brush any remaining liquid onto the aubergine slices on the tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn the slices over, then bake for another 5-10 minutes - how long they take is really going to depend on your oven, your tray, and just how thick the slices were, so keep a close eye on them and make a call on when they're done!