Herby vegan hasselback potatoes are potatoes are a great alternative to roast potatoes on a roast dinner, and even perfect for sharing on game nights. Enjoy!
- 12 medium sized potatoes (1.8kg total) – scrubbed clean.
- 2 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme – chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6/200°c.
- Slice the potatoes, carefully. Each slice should be about 1/8" wide – leaving about 1/4" from the bottom of the potatoes so they stay connected. To do this, lay the potato between two chopsticks, (like in the images above) then slice the potato until the knife gets to the chopsticks. Repeat until all potatoes are sliced. It will probably get easier as you progress through the potatoes!
- Pop half of the vegan butter in a pan and gently melt. Alternatively, microwave it for 60 seconds, until melted. Then, grab a pastry brush and coat the potatoes with the melted butter. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes on a grease-proof lined baking sheet / tray. Alternatively use a non-stick baking tray.
- After the initial 20 minutes, remove from the oven, then melt the rest of the vegan butter and brush onto the potatoes again. Sprinkle the chopped thyme over the potatoes and then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Swedish
Keywords: vegan hasselback potatoes, hasselback potatoes vegan, best vegan hasselback potatoes