This vegan kimchi fried rice comes together in just 20 minutes, and brings together the fizzy fermented flavour of Kimchi and a classic fried rice. We hope you love it!
For the stir-fry:
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 cup kimchi – chopped
- 200g exotic mushrooms (mix of King Oyster, Enoki and Shimeji)
- 150g tender-stem broccoli
- 150g carrots – sliced
- 100g green beans – chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
For the sauce:
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Gochujang Korean chilli paste
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
To garnish (optional):
- 2 spring onions – sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- Put the rice on to cook, if you’re not using pre-cooked or leftover rice. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions, then drain and rinse.
- Mix all of the stir-fry sauce together in a bowl, then set aside.
- In a wok, add one tablespoon of sesame oil and bring up to a medium heat.
- Fry the garlic for 30 seconds, then add in the mushrooms (minus enoki mushrooms, if using) and fry for another few minutes. Garlic burns quickly so be careful!
- Add the kimchi and the rest of the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes.
- Pop the cooked rice into the wok and stir.
- Pour in the stir-fry sauce and mix well. Make sure everything is piping hot and then serve with garnishes such as sesame seeds and sliced spring onions.
You can add chilli flakes if you’d like, but we find the kimchi and Gochujang paste make this dish spicy enough.
Taste your kimchi before cooking with it. If it’s quite spicy, consider adding another half a tablespoon or full tablespoon of maple syrup to the stir-fry sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Korean
Keywords: Vegan kimchi fried rice, Korean kimchi rice,