- 400g pasta
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic – crushed or finely chopped
- 500g mushrooms – sliced
- 2 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 350ml vegan cream
- 100g spinach
- Bring a large pan of of water to boil, add a good pinch of salt and cook the pasta. It usually takes around 10 minutes, but check your packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, you can get the chopping done!
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain it and set aside.
- Put the pan back onto a medium heat and add a splash of oil.
- Fry the onion until soft, then add the garlic and fry for another minute.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. They should soften up and release some water.
- Chuck the herbs in and give it a good stir.
- Stir through the cream and season well with salt and pepper. Simmer the mix for another 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt.
- Pour the cooked pasta back into the pan. Give it a stir for a couple of minutes, making sure everything is piping hot.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Vegan mushroom pasta, vegan creamy sauce