This Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice has got it all – sweet, savoury and sour! It’s not a spicy one, but you can always add a sprinkling of chilli flakes to the dish if you’d like it a bit spicy. You'll need just 12 ingredients and 20 minutes to bring this to life!
- 1 onion – chopped
- 3 x garlic cloves – crushed
- 180g pineapple chunks
- 100g baby corn – cubed
- 100g green beans – cubed
- 1 red pepper – cubed
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300g (uncooked weight, 800g cooked weight) Jasmine Rice
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions (if you're not using leftovers).
- Fry off the onion in a wok, over a medium high heat.
- Add the garlic in for a minute, once the onions are translucent.
- Then add in the turmeric and curry powder, stir for another minute to get the spices fragrant.
- Put the rest of the veggies, pineapple and cashews into the wok and stir well. Keep cooking for around 2 minutes.
- Season with the soy sauce, and add in the sugar.
- Pop the rice into the wok and combine with everything until the rice takes on the vibrant yellow colour of the turmeric.
- Serve in a pineapple bowl (if you like – instructions in the blog) and enjoy!
If using cooked rice, it will be around 900g. White rice triples in weight when cooked.
You can use canned pineapple if you don't have fresh.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: Vegan Pineapple Fried Rice, Thai fried rice