Vegan Raita takes just a few minutes to make, and just 6 ingredients (plus seasoning). Take curry night to the next level by adding this dish to your repertoire!
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- 150g cucumber - grated
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (chopped finely)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- Salt and black pepper for seasoning
- Weight and then grate the cucumber using a grater. No need to remove the skin or the seeds.
- Chop the coriander and mint very finely using a sharp knife.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl, including a good helping of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Voila! Done. Serve with your favourite curry!
You can use an alternative to coconut yoghurt, just make sure it's unsweetened and not flavoured.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Bowl
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Vegan Raita, vegan raita recipe, vegan cucumber raita