For the pesto:
- 100g pine nuts
- 20g basil
- 4 cloves garlic - crushed
- 4 tbsp nooch
- 40g cashews
- 3 red peppers – deseeded and chopped in half
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil (and a splash extra for roasting)
- Juice of half a lemon
For everything else:
- 300g pasta
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 200g broccoli
- Rocket (to serve)
- Preheat the over to gas mark 6 / 200°C.
- Put the garlic, cherry tomatoes and chopped red peppers into a roasting tray.
- Cover the vegetables with a splash of olive oil and give them a good mix so they're all nicely covered. Then season with lots of salt and pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Once the vegetables have been in the oven for ten minutes, put the pasta on to cook.
- After five minutes add the broccoli to the pan with the pasta – it will be al dente once done.
- Drain and set the broccoli and pasta aside while you make the pesto.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and pop the red peppers and garlic into a blender.
- Add the remaining pesto ingredients to the blender – that's the pine nuts, basil, nooch, cashews, sun dried tomatoes, lemon and olive oil, along with a good helping of salt, then blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the pesto on top of the pasta and broccoli and mix well.
- Done – awesome vegan red pesto pasta. Serve with rocket and a good helping of vegan parmesan – if that's your thing.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Oven-bake, Simmer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan red pesto pasta, vegan pesto pasta