These Vegan Roast Potatoes are super easy to make and are so tasty! You just need three ingredients and 40 minutes to make them. We would recommend adding polenta though, so increase that to 4 ingredients if using!
- 6 large white potatoes – peeled and chopped into 2-3 pieces each, all roughly the same size
- Roughly 100-150ml rapeseed oil – it should be around 1-2cm deep in your roasting dish
- 1 tsp Salt (we use pink himalayan salt)
Optional but recommended:
- 2 tbsp polenta
- Par-boil the potatoes for 8 minutes in a pan.
- Drain the potatoes into a big colander.
- Shake the potatoes in the colander for around 1 minute, until parts of the potatoes start to flake off and they look a bit 'fluffy'.
- Optional: add the 2 tbsp of polenta to the potatoes and make sure they all get a good coating.
- Pour the oil into the roasting dish and heat on gas mark 5 for 8 minutes.
- Once the oil is hot carefully put the potatoes into the roasting dish, making sure they all get a good coating of oil and then generously add salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes in the middle shelf of the oven.
- After 20 minutes take them out and turn them over, then put back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
- Depending on your oven they may be done at this point – they should be golden and crispy. Put them in for a little longer if necessary.
The polenta is optional but we would recommend it as it adds a delicious crispy coating to the potatoes. If you try it once, it will be hard to go back!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven-bake, Par-boil
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: vegan roast potatoes, roast potatoes, vegetarian roast potatoes