We love sprouts, especially when they're roasted. We use a miso glaze for our vegan roasted Brussels sprouts to give them a big umami hit – plus some walnuts for a bonus crunch.
- 400g Brussels sprouts – trimmed and cut in half lengthways
- 2 tbsp white miso paste*
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 50g walnuts – roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c / gas mark 6.
- Mix the miso paste, maple syrup, rice wine vinegar and oil in a small bowl to make the glaze.
- Put the sprouts into a large mixing bowl and pour on the glaze. Mix well until evenly coated.
- Lay onto a lined baking sheet, flat side down – to make sure the flat side browns nicely! Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then sprinkle the walnut pieces all over.
- Return to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- You can use brown or red miso paste, if that's what you have. We find white miso gives a more delicate flavour for this recipe, but we have made it with brown rice miso and still loved it.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Roast
Keywords: Vegan roasted Brussels sprouts