Best Silken Tofu Scramble In Minutes
Silken tofu scramble is a great breakfast option as it's delicious, healthy and rich in protein. Plus, you can make it in 15 minutes with only 4 ingredients!
- 300 g silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon kala namak
In a small frying pan or saucepan, break up the tofu with a spoon or spatula and then add all of the ingredients. Heat it over a medium heat.
300 g silken tofu, 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, ½ teaspoon turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon kala namak
Vigorously stir everything to help further break up the tofu, and keep going until you get a nice scrambled egg consistency.
It should only take a couple of minutes to heat through - try not to over do the stirring as that will risk the tofu breaking down and losing its texture.
Serve up on buttered toast or as part of a big breakfast.
- This scramble keeps in the fridge for two days but is best eaten fresh.
- We don’t recommend freezing as it doesn’t retain its texture well after freezing.
- It’s really important to use firm silken scramble, not soft silken tofu. Soft silken tofu is too wet.
- To replicate the ‘eggy’ flavour it’s really important to use kala namak. There’s isn’t a suitable alternative for this.
- A note on the serving size – this recipe serves two as a main (e.g. on toast), but will serve four as part of a big full English breakfast or in a burrito.
Calories: 98kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 2mg