It's soup season! A nice big, warming bowl of soup for lunch on a autumn day is really satisfying.Print
- 1 butternut squash (about 800g) - halved
- 1 potato - peeled and chopped
- 1 sweet potato - peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 yellow onion - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - chopped
- 750ml veggie stock
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 100ml vegan cream
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 6/200c.
- Roast the butternut squash for 45 mins (or until soft) in a deep tray with about 1cm of water in the tray
- While the squash is in the oven, in a large saucepan, fry the garlic and onion in a splash of oil until soft.
- Add potato, sweet potato, lentils and all the spices.
- Stir up really well.
- Add the stock.
- Simmer for 30 mins until the lentils are soft.
- Once the butternut squash is ready leave to cool for 10-15 mins.
- Scoop the flesh of the squash into a blender, add the soup from the saucepan and blend.
- Put back in pan, add vegan cream and salt to taste, and then heat through before serving.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stove-top, Oven-bake
Keywords: Spicy Butternut Squash Soup