This soup is straightforward and will keep in the fridge for five days so is great for batch cooking at the weekend ready for weekday lunches.Print
- 1 onion - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - chopped
- 1 medium potato - peeled and chopped
- 4 carrots - peeled and chopped
- 2 tomatoes - chopped
- 1 cup lentils
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 800ml veg stock
- 2 tsp madras curry powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- Splash of oil
- In a large pan, fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until the onion has softened.
- Add the spices and stir until fragrant.
- Add the potato, tomatoes, carrots, lentils and stir.
- Add the stock and coconut milk, then bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, covered.
- Blend until smooth.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Fusion
Keywords: Spiced Carrot and Lentil Soup