We use peanut butter in a lot of stuff, but our peanut butter noodle soup has to be one of the best! It's a spicy, creamy and straight up delicious dish that takes a lot of influence from Asian cooking - following the classic spicy, sweet, sour and salty combination.
You can mix up the veg that you put in the soup - we often use mushrooms, broccoli and spinach, but it's a pretty flexible dish so go wild and make your own favourite version of our peanut butter noodle soup!
Peanut Butter Noodle Soup
- 4 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger – finely chopped
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 8 tbsp peanut butter
- 500 g chestnut mushrooms – sliced
- 150 g broccoli – cut into small florets
- 1 tsp tamarind
- 3 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml water
- 100 g spinach
- 200 g rice noodles
- 250 g tofu – optional
- Fry the garlic, ginger, turmeric and chilli in a little oil for a couple of minutes.4 cloves garlic, 2 inch piece of ginger, 2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp chilli powder
- Chuck in the mushrooms and fry for another couple of minutes.500 g chestnut mushrooms
- Stir in a little of the coconut milk and the peanut butter, and heat for a minute whilst stirring.8 tbsp peanut butter
- Next add the rest of the coconut milk, soy sauce, tamarind, and water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes (add meat-replacement here if you're using it).1 tsp tamarind, 3 tbsp soy sauce, 400 ml coconut milk, 250 g tofu, 500 ml water
- Add the broccoli and spinach, and put the noodles on in a separate pan of boiling water and cook. Top tip: put the rice noodles in boiling water then turn the hob off and leave them to soak. This helps them to not be sticky once they're cooked. They'll probably take about 5-8 minutes but check the packet and adjust accordingly.150 g broccoli, 100 g spinach, 200 g rice noodles
- Once the noodles are done, serve them out into your bowls and pour the soup on top for the perfect peanut butter noodle soup!