We use peanut butter in a lot of stuff, but our peanut butter noodle soup has to be one of the best! It's a spicy, creamy and straight up delicious dish that takes a lot of influence from Asian cooking - following the classic spicy, sweet, sour and salty combination.
You can mix up the veg that you put in the soup - we often use mushrooms, broccoli and spinach, but it's a pretty flexible dish so go wild and make your own favourite version of our peanut butter noodle soup!Print
Peanut butter noodle soup is a winner in our house, and is so comforting.
- 4 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 2 inch piece of ginger - finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder (we like it hot, so half this and add more to taste if you're unsure)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 500g chestnut mushrooms - sliced
- 150g broccoli - cut into small florets
- 1 tsp tamarind
- 2 tbsp tamari/soy
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 500ml water
- 100g spinach
- 200g rice noodles
- Optional: 100g tofu or other vegan meat replacement
- Fry the garlic, ginger, turmeric and chilli in a little oil for a couple of minutes.
- Chuck in the mushrooms and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Stir in a little of the coconut milk and the peanut butter, and heat for a minute whilst stirring.
- Next add the rest of the coconut milk, tamari/soy, tamarind, lime juice and water. Bring to the boil, then reduce to simmer for 5 minutes (add meat-replacement here if you're using it).
- Add the broccoli and spinach, and put the noodles on in a separate pan of boiling water and cook - they'll probably take about 5 minutes but check the packet and adjust accordingly.
- Once the noodles are done, serve them out into your bowls and pour the soup on top for the perfect peanut butter noodle soup!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stove-top
- Cuisine: Fusion
Keywords: Peanut butter noodle soup