Our simple vegan waffles are banging! We're absolutely chuffed with these beauties.
Jess recently got a waffle maker for her Birthday and has been desperate to try making vegan waffles for a while, so you may expect to find us posting a lot of weird and wonderful waffle creations soon.
We did a lot of research into how to make the perfect fluffy vegan waffle and we think we've cracked it – in less than seven ingredients too!
The waffle batter is made from ground flaxseed (you can always blend up whole flaxseeds if you don't already have ground – that's what we do), plain flour, vegetable oil, almond milk, baking powder, coconut sugar and a pinch of salt.
If you don't have a waffle maker we can wholly recommend this one from VonShef. It only takes five minutes to cook the batter and makes four large waffles at once!Print
- 2 cups plain white flour (you could use wholemeal too)
- 2 cups almond milk
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat up your waffle maker, we use a Belgian waffle maker, there's only one setting and it works perfectly. If yours has a setting function set it to the one that suits you best – there should be instructions in the packaging.
- Stir together the almond milk and oil in a small bowl, then set aside for a few minutes.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in another bowl.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry mix and then pour the wet ingredients in, and whisk very quickly until the lumps have gone. This should be done very quickly, as the baking powder gets to work as soon as the wet ingredients hit the dry.
- 1/3 cup is the perfect amount of waffle batter for one waffle in our maker, so that's what we've used here. That seems to be standard but this bit might take a bit of trial and error for your waffle maker.
- When you've filled the waffle maker with batter, carefully close it up and start a timer for five minutes.
- After five minutes, remove the waffles from the machine. They should be nice and golden brown, leave them in for another minute if they're not quite golden.
- We served these with strawberries, coconut yoghurt and peanut butter but you do you...
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert
- Method: Waffle Maker
- Cuisine: America
Keywords: simple vegan waffles, vegan waffles