We don't make a lot of desserts - you can probably tell from the lack of them on our blog, we'll sort that, we promise - but we recently got our hands on some vegan fudge and we knew we had to use it in some baking!
So, what better than to use it to make some vegan fudge brownies? We knew they needed to be chocolatey, gooey, fudgey and a little bit salty.
We used the new vegan fudge from Johnson's Toffee & Fudge and we couldn't recommend it enough!
Anyway, this is what we came up with! We hope you like these vegan fudge brownies.Print
These vegan fudge brownies are super indulgent, decadent and fudge-y, yet not too sweet!
- Mix the ground flaxseed with the water and set aside for around ten minutes, until it becomes gel-like.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 / 180c and line an 8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop all of the chocolate into small pieces and set half aside ready for it to be melted.
- Melt the chocolate and vegan butter in a Bain Marie (or in the microwave).
- In a mixing bowl, mix the melted chocolate with the coconut sugar – it should turn into a paste-like mixture.
- Sift in the the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, then fold the mixture until it's all combined.
- Stir in the rest of the chocolate pieces and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into a baking sheet lined with grease proof paper, and place half of the fudge on top of the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the vegan brownies cool for about twenty minutes, then place the rest of the vegan fudge on top of the brownies, and push them into any crack that may've formed.
- Slice into 12 squares and enjoy!
If you don't have any vegan fudge, omit. These brownies are still delicious without the fudge.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan fudge brownies, vegan brownies