We don't make a lot of desserts - you can probably tell from the lack of them on our blog, we'll sort that, we promise - but we recently got our hands on some vegan fudge and we knew we had to use it in some baking!
So, what better than to use it to make some vegan fudge brownies? We knew they needed to be chocolatey, gooey, fudgey and a little bit salty.
We used the new vegan fudge from Johnson's Toffee & Fudge and we couldn't recommend it enough!
Anyway, this is what we came up with! We hope you like these vegan fudge brownies.
Check out this blog post if you're looking for even more vegan dessert inspiration.
Vegan Fudge Brownies
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 6 tbsps water
- 200 g dark vegan chocolate
- ½ cup vegan butter we use Vitalite
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt we use Himalayan pink salt
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g vegan fudge – chopped into small pieces
- Mix the ground flaxseed with the water and set aside for around ten minutes, until it becomes gel-like.2 tablespoon ground flaxseeds, 6 tbsps water
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4 / 180c and line an 8-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop all of the chocolate into small pieces and set half aside ready for it to be melted.200 g dark vegan chocolate
- Melt the chocolate and vegan butter in a Bain Marie (or in the microwave).200 g dark vegan chocolate, ½ cup vegan butter
- In a mixing bowl, mix the melted chocolate with the coconut sugar – it should turn into a paste-like mixture.1 cup coconut sugar
- Sift in the the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, then fold the mixture until it's all combined.¼ cup cocoa powder, 1 teaspoon baking powder, ¾ cup plain flour, 1 teaspoon salt
- Stir in the rest of the chocolate pieces and vanilla extract.200 g dark vegan chocolate, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the mixture into a baking sheet lined with grease proof paper, and place half of the fudge on top of the batter.100 g vegan fudge
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let the vegan brownies cool for about twenty minutes, then place the rest of the vegan fudge on top of the brownies, and push them into any crack that may've formed.100 g vegan fudge
- Slice into 12 squares and enjoy!