This vegan tuna is a simple idea for speedy lunches – it takes less than 15 minutes and is made from chickpeas! Just make sure you have a good quality wrap or some nice crusty bread and salad to serve it with.
It's a bit of a vegan spin on a classic tuna mayo sandwich filling - we think it's a rad, cruelty-free, healthier option. You could even add red pepper and sweetcorn to it to make more of a 'tuna salad' sandwich.
Vegan Tuna Sandwich
- 250 g chickpeas - canned, drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion - finely chopped
- 3 tsp vegan mayo
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt - to taste
- Black pepper - to taste
- Mash the chickpeas up in a large bowl until they're broken up250 g chickpeas
- Mix all the other ingredients in and combine½ red onion, 3 tsp vegan mayo, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 tbsp lemon juice, Salt, Black pepper
- Chuck in a wrap or sandwich
- Add some bonus ingredients - lettuce and avocado work great or add some sweetcorn to the mix before adding to the sandwich.
- Vegan chickpea tuna – sorted No sweat. Serve and enjoy!