Not sure what to do for Sunday dinner? Vegan Punks have got your back! Check out our mushroom and tomato loaf - rich, meaty and great served up with all the trimmings for an awesome vegan Sunday roast.
It's a good vegan alternative to meatloaf and really easy to make!
You do you, but we think you have to serve our mushroom and tomato loaf with some bangin' roast potatoes - check out our easy method for crispy and fluffy roast potatoes here, and also yummy vegan Yorkshire puddings.Print
- 350g portabello mushrooms - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 2 red onions - finely chopped
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp marmite (yeast extract)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 200g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4/180c.
- In a saucepan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and being it up to a medium heat.
- Fry the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, stir frequently.
- After 5 minutes, stir in the purée, marmite and yeast flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs until everything is mixed.
- Grease a small loaf tin or mould.
- Pop the mix in the loaf tin and spread evenly.
- Put in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin and slicing.
- Method: Oven-bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Mushroom and Tomato Loaf