Not sure what to do for Sunday dinner? Vegan Punks have got your back! Check out our mushroom and tomato loaf - rich, meaty and great served up with all the trimmings for an awesome vegan Sunday roast.
It's a good vegan alternative to meatloaf and really easy to make!
You do you, but we think you have to serve our mushroom and tomato loaf with some bangin' roast potatoes - check out our easy method for crispy and fluffy roast potatoes here, and also yummy vegan Yorkshire puddings.
Mushroom and Tomato Loaf
Mushroom and tomato loaf is a great option for a vegan roast dinner. Plus, it's made with mostly store cupboard ingredients!Save Saved! Print Pin Rate
- 350 g portobello mushrooms - finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 2 red onions - finely chopped
- 6 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp marmite yeast extract
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 200 g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4/180c.
- In a saucepan, add 1 tbsp olive oil and being it up to a medium heat.1 tbsp olive oil
- Fry the onion until soft.2 red onions
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, stir frequently.3 cloves garlic, 350 g portobello mushrooms
- After 5 minutes, stir in the purée, marmite and nutritional yeast flakes.6 tbsp tomato purée, 2 tsp marmite, 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs until everything is mixed.200 g breadcrumbs
- Grease a small loaf tin or mould.
- Pop the mix in the loaf tin and spread evenly.
- Put in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the tin and slicing.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 472mg | Potassium: 824mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 124IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe? Tag us today!Mention @vegan_punks or tag #veganpunks!
Leave a Comment