No roast dinner is complete without roast potatoes. This recipe is super simple and has been met with sterling reviews from everyone we've made them for – vegans and non-vegans alike. It totally proves that animals don't need to be hurt for a show stopping roast dinner!
If you're looking for inspiration to go alongside your vegan roast dinner, why not try these recipes too:
Vegan Yorkshire Puddings – a roast dinner is incomplete without them!
Miso-Glazed Roasted Carrots – a delicious side to the main event. We love anything with miso too!
Vegan Toad in the Hole – vegan sausages combined with Yorkshire batter baked in a big tray. Don't knock it until you've tried it!Print
- 6 large white potatoes – peeled and chopped into 2-3 pieces each, all roughly the same size
- Roughly 100-150ml rapeseed oil – it should be around 1-2cm deep in your roasting dish
- 1 tsp Salt (we use pink himalayan salt)
- Par-boil the potatoes for 8 minutes in a pan
- Drain the potatoes into a big colander
- Shake the potatoes in the colander for around 1 minute, until parts of the potatoes start to flake off and they look a bit 'fluffy'
- Pour the oil into the roasting dish and heat on gas mark 5 for 8 minutes
- Once the oil is hot carefully put the potatoes into the roasting dish, making sure they all get a good coating of oil and then generously add salt
- Roast for 20 minutes in the middle shelf of the oven
- After 20 minutes take them out and turn them over, then put back in the oven for another 20 minutes
- Depending on your oven they may be done at this point – they should be golden and crispy. Put them in for longer if necessary.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven-bake, Par-boil
- Cuisine: British