Put down the tin of salty, sugary beans and get some of our homemade vegan baked beans in you - they taste better, look better and they are 100% better for you.
While opening up a tin of pre-made baked beans is undeniably easy and quick, we think you punks are going to love this recipe - it's really quick to make, rich in flavour and they keep well in the fridge for a few days, so you can throw together a couple of great lunches and just reheat them when you need them.
Looking for some other simple lunch ideas like our homemade baked beans? Check out our simple lentil dahl recipe.
Did you make this recipe? Leave a review and a rating below, or tag us in your photos on Instagram! Alternatively, bookmark it in your browser or save to Pinterest for later.
If you love our content, please consider supporting it by buying us a coffee.
Vegan Baked Beans
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 400 g haricot beans - 1 tin, drained
- 400 g pinto beans - 1 tin, drained
- 2 cups passata
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil up over a medium heat.1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Get the onion in and fry it until soft.1 onion
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika and cinnamon, and cook for another minute.2 cloves garlic, 2 teaspoon smoked paprika powder, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Pile in the beans, passata and salt, stir through and leave to simmer for a few minutes.400 g haricot beans, 400 g pinto beans, 2 cups passata, ½ teaspoon salt
- Once the sauce has thickened up a little, you're good to go - homemade baked beans, sorted!