Put down the tin of salty, sugary beans and get some of our homemade vegan baked beans in you - they taste better, look better and they are 100% better for you.
While opening up a tin of pre-made baked beans is undeniably easy and quick, we think you punks are going to love this recipe - it's really quick to make, rich in flavour and they keep well in the fridge for a few days, so you can throw together a couple of great lunches and just reheat them when you need them.
Looking for some other simple lunch ideas like our homemade baked beans? Check out our simple lentil dhal recipe.Print
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 400g tin haricot beans
- 400g tin pinto beans
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Splash of olive oil
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil up over a medium heat.
- Get the onion in and fry it until soft.
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika and cinnamon, and cook for another minute.
- Pile in the beans, passata and salt, stir through and leave to simmer for a few minutes.
- Once the sauce has thickened up a little, you're good to go - homemade baked beans, sorted!
- Category: Breakfast, Lunch, Starters & Sides
- Method: Fry, Simmer
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: Vegan Baked Beans
Save this pin on Pinterest if you love this recipe!