We're working on our repertoire of desserts and this cheesecake hits the spot.
We're not just about awesome weeknight meals and junk food – we make mean desserts too. This cheesecake is the perfect balance of coconut, vanilla and creaminess. Let us know what you think in the comments!Print
For the base:
- 300g hobnob biscuits (oat biscuits)
- 100g vegan butter
For the cheesecake mix:
- 200g vegan cream cheese
- 1 cup cashew cream
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- Make the cashew cream by soaking them in hot water for at least an hour and then blend.
- Whizz the hobnobs (or oat biscuits) up in a blender until crumbed.
- Melt the vegan butter.
- Combine with the biscuit crumbs.
- Prepare an 8" springboard cake tine with parchment paper.
- Spoon the mixture into the tin and press down with a jam jar (or the bottom of a cup measurer) until compact and evenly spread.
- Bake on gas mark 4 for 5 minutes (leave to cool out of the oven when this time is up).
- While the base bakes put all of the cheesecake mix into the blender and whizz up until smooth.
- Pour the mixture on top of the base – it will be quite runny at this point, so don't worry, that's right.
- Bake on gas mark 4 for 50 minutes.
- When you remove the cheesecake it will still be a bit wobbly in the middle – this is OK.
- Leave to cool overnight – for around 8 hours, when you wake up it will be perfectly set!
- Serve with your favourite fruit – we chose raspberries because the tartness complements the sweet vanilla.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven-bake
- Cuisine: Dessert
Keywords: baked vegan cheesecake, vegan baked cheesecake