We've been wanting to make a delicious vegan banana bread recipe for a while, and after a bit of experimenting (see: trial and definitely error), we're stoked to share this one with you! Especially after having so much fun making these vegan hot cross buns.
It's really simple and you can easily mix it up so you get the banana bread you want - nuts, chocolate, raisins...you do you. We like to keep it straight forward most of the time by adding chopped walnuts and slices of banana on top that caramelise in the oven.
If you love this vegan banana bread, pin it for later!
Vegan Banana Bread
- 3 bananas (very ripe)
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 g coconut sugar or other unrefined sugar
- 225 g plain flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 50 g walnuts - chopped
- 1 banana - sliced for on top
- cacao nibs
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 6/200c.
- Mash your bananas in a large bowl.3 bananas
- Add the oil and sugar, then mix really well.6 tbsp vegetable oil, 100 g coconut sugar
- Sieve in the flour, baking powder, and then the cinnamon and mix again.225 g plain flour, 3 tsp baking powder, 3 tsp cinnamon
- Chuck in any bonus ingredients you're using, like nuts or fruit, and mix yet again.50 g walnuts, cacao nibs, raisins
- Grease a loaf tin, or line it with parchment paper, and pour your bread mix in. The consistency should be a thick batter.
- If you're adding slices of banana to the top of your bread, do so now.1 banana
- Put in the oven for 40-50 minutes - the time will depend on your oven. After 20 minutes check on the loaf and cover with tin foil if the top has browned, this will stop the top from burning.
- After baking for 40 minutes, check if it's done by pushing a knife or skewer into the middle of the bread and if it comes out clean, you're good to go.