OK, so this isn't a recipe for a whole vegan full English (or vegan fry up)...we know you know how to make some toast and heat up some beans, but here's how we like it, along with our recipes for some bangin' vegan bacon and scrambled tofu!
Our vegan bacon is made with aubergine (or eggplant), and is smokey and salty, giving it those real bacon-y flavours, guilt-free. It goes really great with a vegan full English, but is also a solid edition to a vegan BLT sandwich.
For the scrambled tofu, we keep it really simple - none of this onion, parsley, cumin etc. nonsense that people seem to add to tofu when trying to replicate eggs. We've already posted the recipe for it as a scrambled tofu on toast recipe, so go check that out, you'll struggle to find a recipe closer to the real thing!Print
- 1/2 an aubergine/eggplant (80-100g) - thinly sliced
- 1.5 tbsp tamari/soy
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 6/200c.
- Mix all the liquid ingredients together in a bowl or dish.
- Drench the slices of aubergine in the liquid mix, then add to a non-stick baking tray (use greaseproof/parchment paper if you don't have non-stick).
- Brush any remaining liquid onto the aubergine slices on the tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, turn the slices over, then bake for another 5-10 minutes - how long they take is really going to depend on your oven, your tray, and just how thick the slices were, so keep a close eye on them and make a call on when they're done!