We haven't had it for so long, and had a bit of a craving, so we had to come up with our own vegan Nutella.
It's incredibly easy to make and really versatile - you can keep tasting and adjusting until you're happy. We think we have a really good balance of everything in this recipe, but if you want it a little sweeter, or a little more chocolatey, we write it a lot on our recipes - you do you!
This one is as simple as buying the ingredients, roasting the hazelnuts (or just buy some roasted hazelnuts!) and blending it all up, so there's no excuse not to make this one. It's also unrefined sugar free.
- 250 g hazelnuts - buy roasted hazelnuts to make it even easier
- ¼ cup cacao powder - you could use cocoa if you wanted to
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- If you have raw hazelnuts, pre-heat your oven to gas mark 6/200c and put your hazelnuts in the oven for 5-6 minutes on a baking sheet250 g hazelnuts
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool, then rub them between a couple of damp pieces of kitchen roll to get the skins off
- Put the hazelnuts in a blender or food processor and whiz up until you have a smooth hazelnut butter
- Add all the other ingredients to the blender and blitz for a couple of minutes to make sure everything is nicely mixed and smooth¼ cup cacao powder , ½ cup non-dairy milk, 2 tbsp vanilla extract, 5 tbsp maple syrup, ¼ tsp salt
- Give it a quick taste and adjust if you want it a little sweeter, more chocolatey or perhaps even a bit more salt
- Sorted - your very own vegan Nutella!