Christmas flavours inside a taco – call us crazy, but we say don’t knock it until you’ve tried it! We’ve taken Quorn’s amazing Crunchy Strips and turned them into the ultimate Christmas party finger-food – Christmas Quorn tacos. Stuffing mayo, spicy cranberry sauce and smokey roasted sprouts will give you all the Christmassy feels, delivered inside Mexican food’s greatest vessel.
This is a sponsored post.
🌟 Why this recipe works
- Christmas flavours with a twist – there’s something fun about playing around with flavours. We’ve taken Christmas classics; sprouts, stuffing and cranberry sauce, then turned them on their head. Flavours people know and love, delivered in a different way.
- Quorn Crunchy Strips – they add the perfect chicken-y flavour and have a great crunch too. They’re the perfect product for these Christmas tacos!
- Quick and simple – there’s not too much to do for this recipe, and you can even prepare some of it ahead of time. That means more time to get ready for your party!
- Make them DIY – build your own taco! It’s fun to create different types of tacos and you can even let people customise their own. Serve the components separately on plates and in bowls so your guests can tailor their tacos to their taste.
🍽 Equipment and Products Used
First up, the crucial Quorn Crunchy Strips. These guys are the hero of the recipe – they’re delicious and have the perfect crunchy coating which goes amazingly in these Christmas tacos. It’s like the turkey or chicken for most people’s roast dinner: the main event.
A good non-stick metal baking tray is essential for helping the Quorn Strips crisp up. Either a non-stick one or one lined with some parchment paper and you’ll be flying. As well as for baking the brussels sprouts!
📋 Ingredient Notes
- Quorn Crunchy Strips – as mentioned above, they’re delicious, crispy chicken-style tenders. Perfect for these Christmas Quorn tacos.
- Vegan mayo – you could make your own, but to keep things simple we picked up a jar from the shop. Make sure it’s not flavoured though, as it will be turned into stuffing mayo! So it needs to be plain.
- Cranberry sauce – like with the mayo, we shop-bought the cranberry sauce. It keeps things quick and simple, which is ideal for party food. We weren’t fussy on what type we bought, so chunky or smooth is fine.
- Fresh sage – we found the flavour from fresh sage much better than with dried sage. You can use dried, of course, but start with half as much and add more to taste if required.
- Taco shells – we personally love soft-shell tacos, so we recommend them for this recipe. They can be a little harder to come by, so if you can’t find them, small tortilla wraps work well too (the kind that are basically taco size). If hard-shell tacos are your thing, that’s cool too.
Check out the recipe card at the bottom of this article for exact measurements.
🔪 Step-by-step Instructions
These are an overview of how to make the Christmas Quorn tacos. The full recipe card is below, with measurements, full instructions and notes.
1. Preheat the oven to 200°c / gas mark 6. Cook the Quorn Crunchy Strips as per the packet instructions – this takes 18-20 minutes.
2. Add the prepared sprouts to a large bowl and toss them in the lime juice. Then add the smoked paprika and stir until evenly coated. Bake the sprouts, flat-side down on a non-stick baking sheet (on the same tray, if big enough), for the last 15 minutes of the cooking time.
3. Thoroughly mix the mayo, onion powder and sage in a bowl. Taste and add more onion powder if needed.
4. In another bowl, mix the cranberry sauce, chipotle powder and mild chilli powder. If you don’t like spice, stick with the chipotle for a subtle yet smokey flavour.
5. Finally, warm the tacos in a non-stick frying pan, around 20 seconds on a medium heat should do the trick
6. When ready to serve, spread a good helping of stuffing mayo on a taco, top with a Quorn Strip, 5 sprout halves, a good dollop of spicy cranberry sauce and some fresh coriander (shown above in additional steps 7 and 8). Or, serve all the components separately and guests can build their own Quorn tacos!
👩🍳 Expert Tips
- Get prepared – you can reduce the on-the-day burden by making the spicy cranberry sauce and stuffing mayo ahead of time. They’ll keep well in the fridge overnight. You'll then just have to build the Quorn tacos, and your guests could help with that! We wouldn’t recommend cooking the Quorn Crunchy Strips or sprouts ahead of time though – they’re best served fresh.
- No tacos, no problem – if you can’t find soft tacos, try small tortillas. They’re basically the same size and will do the job. If you like hard-shell tacos, that’s cool, you can use those instead! Quorn tacos really do work well with either soft shell or hard shell, so it's just down to your preference.
- Reuse it – the stuffing mayo and spicy cranberry work great with other Christmassy foods too! You could make extra or use any spare as dips for chips or crisps.
- Make it DIY – serving up all the components for people to build their own Quorn tacos is not only fun, but makes your life easier too.
We think they make great products! They have a great vegan range that is always growing. When it came to the Crunchy Strips, we thought that the flavour and texture worked perfectly for Quorn tacos.
The stuffing mayo and spicy cranberry sauce can definitely be made ahead of time – we’d suggest the day before. We’d recommend roasting the sprouts and cooking the Quorn strips on the day for best results.
Browse the full Quorn Vegan and Vegetarian Party Food range.
🍛 More Recipes to Try
If you love these Quorn tacos, we've selected some more Quorn recipes below that you may also like!
- Quorn Jalfrezi (zero-waste)
- Vegan Sausage Casserole featuring Quorn’s Brilliant Bangers
- Easy Vegetable Fajitas
- Jackfruit Chilli in 60 Minutes
Did you make this recipe? Leave a review and a rating below, or tag us in your photos on Instagram! Alternatively, bookmark it in your browser or save to Pinterest for later.
If you love our content, please consider supporting it by buying us a coffee.
Christmas Quorn Tacos
- 8 Quorn Crunchy Strips
- 8 soft tacos – or small tortillas
- 20 sprouts ~ 200g, cut into halves
- 1 tbsp lime juice – half a lime
- ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- 6 tbsp vegan mayonaise
- 1 tbsp fresh sage
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder
- ⅛ tsp mild chilli powder
- Fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°c / gas mark 6.
- Cook the Quorn Crunchy Strips as per the packet instructions – this takes 18-20 minutes.8 Quorn Crunchy Strips
- Add the prepared sprouts to a large bowl and toss them in the lime juice. Then add the smoked paprika and stir until evenly coated.20 sprouts, 1 tbsp lime juice, ½ tsp smoked paprika powder
- Bake the sprouts, flat-side down on a non-stick baking sheet (the same one that the Crunchy Strips are on, if big enough), for the last 15 minutes of the Crunchy Strips cooking time.
- Thoroughly mix the mayo, onion powder and sage in a bowl. Taste and add more onion powder if needed.6 tbsp vegan mayonaise, 1 tbsp fresh sage, ⅛ tsp onion powder
- In another bowl, mix the cranberry sauce, chipotle powder and mild chilli powder. If you don’t like spice, stick with the chipotle for a subtle yet smokey flavour.2 tbsp cranberry sauce, ¼ tsp chipotle powder, ⅛ tsp mild chilli powder
- Finally, warm the tacos in a non-stick frying pan, around 20 seconds on a medium heat should do the trick, on each side.8 soft tacos
- When ready to serve, spread a good helping of stuffing mayo on a taco, top with a Quorn Crunchy Strip, 5 sprout halves, a good dollop of spicy cranberry sauce and some fresh coriander. Or, serve all the components and people can build their own tacos!Fresh coriander
- Make sure to use plain vegan mayo, not flavoured.
- We like soft tacos, but if you can’t find them small tortilla wraps work great. Or, alternatively, you could use hard-shell tacos.
- Try serving all the components separately and your guests can build their own taco.
- If you don’t like spice, leave out the chilli powder from the cranberry sauce and just use the chipotle. Or, if you really like spice, serve with some extra chilli flakes!
- Add a fresh tomato salsa or guacamole if you want to really load them up.