This jackfruit wrap is our current favourite lunch! Perfect for at your desk or on the go, and they’re really tasty and filling too. Full of protein, with both kidney beans and jackfruit, you’ll be full for hours after these!
You can make the individual parts for the jackfruit wrap in bulk and then construct the wraps either in the morning, or the night before the day you want it for lunch. It will keep in the fridge for around five days.
To keep things simple we've just used one tin of young jackfruit (in water – not syrup!) marinated in jerk spice and cooked with red kidney beans and paired with a roasted sweet potato. We have also made a simple lime mayonnaise to set it all off. And not to forget the crunchy ruby gem lettuce. Hope you love this one!Print
These Jerk Jackfruit wraps make a perfect lunch! Make the individual elements in advance and just construct your wrap each day. Hope you love it!
- 1 large sweet potato - peeled and cut into wedges
- 400g tin of young jackfruit in water - drained and rinsed
- 2-3 teaspoons of jerk seasoning
- 400g tin of kidney beans
- 1 little gem lettuce - roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons of vegan mayo
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 roti (paratha roti also work)
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 5/190c.
- Toss the sweet potato wedges in a good glug of olive oil with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Put the wedges on a baking tray and chuck in the oven for 15-20 minutes - turn them halfway through.
- While the wedges are in the oven, in a bowl toss the jackfruit in 2 tsp of jerk seasoning.
- Heat up 1 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan to a low-medium heat.
- Add the jackfruit to the pan and cook for around 5 minutes, giving it the occasional stir.
- Once the 5 minutes is up, grab a couple of forks and gently pull apart the jackfruit until it's shredded. If it's a bit tough still, give it a couple more minutes to soften up before you pull it apart.
- Add the kidney beans to the jackfruit and gently heat for a couple of minutes while stirring.
- Give it a quick taste and add more jerk seasoning or salt if needed.
- In a bowl mix the mayo with the juice of half the lime and a good helping of black pepper - give it a taste and add more lime juice if necessary. It should be perfectly zesty and fiery.
- When everything is ready, you can start putting the wraps together - add a good dollop of mayo, a couple of sweet potato wedges, ⅙ of the jackfruit mix and a handful of lettuce to each roti and wrap them up like a burrito.
Everything will last a couple of days in the fridge. We have this over a few days during the week – it’s a super easy and simple recipe for taking to work or on-the-go.
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Oven bake, Pan Fry
- Cuisine: Jamaican
Keywords: Jackfruit wrap, vegan jackfruit wrap, jerk jackfruit wrap