Check out our fluffy vegan pancakes - definitive proof that you don't need eggs for a good pancake recipe! Only five ingredients and they're going to take you no time at all to whip up...perfect for a lazy and indulgent weekend breakfast.
We have served them up with our vegan fried chicken before, but if you're looking for something a little healthier (and considerably faster), we've included a couple of easy toppings here that we love to use - banana with peanut butter drizzle and cacao nibs, and a strawberry coulis with banana and walnuts.
What toppings would you have on our fluffy vegan pancakes? Hit us up in the comments.Print
For the pancakes:
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
For the banana with peanut butter drizzle and cacao nibs:
- ½ banana - sliced
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 tbsp peanut butter + 6 tbsp non-dairy milk blended together
For the strawberry coulis with banana and walnuts:
- ½ banana - sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 cup strawberries blended - add water to get them to a thick, gloopy consistency and then heat through in a pan
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and whizz up until smooth (or whisk by hand in a bowl).
- Get a frying (or pancake) pan really hot (we made ours without oil but it really depends on your pan) and turn down to a medium heat.
- Put ¼ cup of the mixture in the pan, it should start to form little bubbles in the batter – this is a good sign.
- After about 1 minute flip the pancake over and cook for another minute (roughly – this could change depending on your pan so keep a close eye). Cook until the pancake is a nice golden brown on both sides.
- You can add them, one by one, to a tray in the oven on gas mark 2/150c to keep warm while you cook them all - just make sure to put a sheet of parchment paper in between each pancake so they don't stick together.
- Serve with your favourite toppings!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fluffy vegan pancakes