This is our mid-week bangin' Peanut Butter Stir-Fry. If you're heading out to a gig, the gym or just cosying up on the sofa, this is perfect.
It's ready in under 30 minutes so good for if you're in a hurry, but also it's also a great all-round meal too, for any day of the week.
We've kept it simple by using a stir fry vegetable pack (picked up from the supermarket) that includes a combination of:
- Cabbage (red and green)
The delicious stir fry sauce uses a combination of everyone's favourite nut butter (of our Instagram followers anyway) – peanut butter, as well as tamari, nutritional yeast and white miso paste – for its health benefits.
If you want to try this vegan stir fry with a different type of nut butter, we would totally recommend Nutcessity's Date and Walnut butter – it's not too sweet and adds a richness that you can't get from peanut butter.
What is miso paste?
Miso is a protein rich paste made out of soy beans – which are fermented, and offer a strong flavour, often used Asian dishes.
It comes in a few different variations – red, white, yellow and brown. The colour is an indication of how the miso has been made, as it can be made with the whole bean or hulled, and also with different grains.
We like to use it because fermented foods offer good bacteria for the gut, to help us stay healthy. It's also rich in vitamins B, E, K and folic acid.Print
- 3 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 450g stir fry veg bag
- 125g mushrooms
- 90g broccoli
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 heaped tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp nooch
- 2 tsp white miso
- Handful of peanuts - chopped
- 100g brown rice noodles
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Optional: add 150g of some extra tofu or quinoa and rice protein bites by Fry's - both go really well.
- In a wok, get the coconut oil nice and hot.
- Heat a pan of water until boiling (ready for the noodles).
- Gently fry the garlic and chilli flakes, and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the mushrooms for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the remaining vegetables and keep it all moving whilst it cooks down, for another minute or two.
- Cook the noodles in the pan of hot water – follow the cooking instructions, but they would usually cook for around 5 minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the wok and add the peanut butter, nooch, miso, tamari and water.
- Let it heat up so the peanut butter melts and then stir through.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok and stir well.
- Serve with extra chilli flakes and soy sauce.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Asian Fusion
Keywords: peanut butter stir-fry