Here's our infamous vegan Mushroom Wellington - we've made this one a load of times, and everybody that we've made it for has loved it...so don't ruin our 100% record now, OK?
It goes really well with these Yorkshire puddings, just sayin'.
The blend of fresh thyme, garlic and mushrooms really set this vegan mushroom wellington off. We really hope you enjoy it.Print
- 250g chestnut mushrooms - sliced
- 250g portabello/portabellini mushrooms - sliced
- 4 cloves garlic - sliced
- 1 white onion - roughly chopped
- 100g brazil nuts - roughly chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp thyme - chopped
- 1 pack of puff pastry (320g – shop bought, we use Jus Roll as it's accidentally vegan)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190c
- In a saucepan heat up a dash of oil and fry the onion until soft
- Add the garlic and mushrooms, then fry until the mushrooms are cooked and release a load of water
- Drain in a sieve to make sure the mix isn't too wet
- Put the mix, along with the thyme and brazil nuts into a blender and blitz until roughly mixed - you still want it a bit chunky so it's not too much like mush
- Lay the pastry out and put the filling in a line along the middle, leaving a gap at edges
- Fold the edges over to seal it up, then brush the pastry with a little (unsweetened) vegan milk
- Bash it in the oven for around 30 minutes, or until the pastry is golden-brown, check it every now and again during this time.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan-fry, Oven-bake
- Cuisine: British
Keywords: Vegan Mushroom Wellington